What's For Dinner - Spinach Parmesan Spaghetti Monday, March 12



There are a few things in life I am not wiling to give up and one of them is Spaghetti!  I love Italian food... warm fresh baked bread, oil, wine, pasta, garlic bread, meatballs, caprice salad, mozzarella, chicken marsala and did I mention crisp sourdough bread dipped in olive oil, parmesan cheese and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette! Well this next recipe is something I created from years of trial and error pasta dishes.  I usually just cook up some ground beef, add sauce, and make noodles but I started getting adventurous one day when I had bought a huge thing of spinach and had neglected to eat it all week.  And in my house if it is left in the fridge too long my wonderful husband will remind me that wasting food is wasting money,  So the good wife that I am I quickly found a way to use the ENTIRE container of spinach in one dish!

The other very positive thing in this dish is the amount of veggies the kiddos and I will be eating to off set that delicious bread we talked about earlier.

Directions:

First you boil your pasta


Then in a separate skillet pour in a few tbls of EVOO, add your garlic and sauté your spinach.  When the spinach begins to wilt down keep adding until dark green. Then add 2 tbls of the pesto


Add your ground beef to the spinach and cook until slightly brown.  Now remember that what kind of meat you use makes a huge difference in taste and overall flavor. Check out this list of  Local Grass Fed Beef Farms 

After the meat is a light brown add the sauce (Bertolli Organic Garlic and Basil)  and a couple tbls of capers.  Let all of this simmer and marry together about 20 min.  Then add the cooked noodles right into the sauce and stir 



Mix together and serve topped with parmesan or asiago cheese. And of course a crusty fresh bread with some delicious dipping oil!


0 comments:

Post a Comment