Post Baby Style Wednesday, January 11


Now that I am 3 months out from having twins, I am at the point where I want to join civilization and begin wearing clothes and not just yoga pants and hoodies... actually my husbands hoodies that became a staple! PUT THEM AWAY AHNDEA! 

So this means I need to enter my closet, which is now covered with maternity clothes, pj's, nursing bras, work out clothes that don't fit and piles of things that I am not sure will look good on my post twin body.  

First things first, organize closet and try on everything to see what works!  This took about an hour and left me feeling very sad and very HUGE! But there is hope... this means I get to go shopping and look for a few staple pieces to wear as I am shedding the baby weight.  Of course the number one thing on the list will be BLAZERS! A cute coat or blazer is the perfect way to add structure and a waistline and hide a little in the process.






I got these 2 below at New York and Company for 80% off!  This is a great store to add inexpensive pieces to your wardrobe, especially short term. Don't be afraid of the size you have to dress your biggest part, which for me is my chest.  This is a huge adjustment, no pun intended, as I am nursing the twins... need I say more, so I promise you I didn't even look at the sizes, just tried on and bought.






Check out my Polyvore to see how I would style a blazer 


Here are a few pictures from my recent shopping trip to one of my Fav stores Anthropologie I wanted to show you an example of what not to do.  If you have a bit of a tummy do not where a form fitted sweater.  The goal is to accentuate your waist and make a smooth line down so the focal point is not your tummy but your beautiful face.



A quick trick to suck you in would be a wide belt

I went with this adorable cream lace top instead of the sweater.  I get super hot these days and I wanted something that could go dressy and casual.  I had to dress the biggest part of me (my chest) so I threw the belt on here to compensate for the waist being a little large


If you love wearing a big sweater in the winter vs a coat, this one is a good choice to make you look longer and leaner. It crosses and comes to a v which brings the eye down. It also had a little detail up top which draws the attention upward.  


The boots were a Christmas present from a friend and I love them! They come all the way up to my knee which again makes my leg appear thinner. Nordstrom Naughty Monkey Boots!



0 comments:

Post a Comment