2012 Is Here! Sunday, January 1


Happy 2012!  How did you ring in the new year?  Big parties with lots of people, dancing the night away, private parties with friends, or hanging with your kids at home?  This year we decided to stay in... I know we have 5 kids now and it is a little harder to do a big night out these days.  To be honest I was so exhausted from Christmas I was happy to relax by the fire... wait rewind, not relax because I have 5 kids!  Haha!  



The girls were so cute in their tiny premie Christmas dresses!  I cooked all of my favorite comfort foods over the holidays and the kids helped me make this easy fudge recipe www.foodnetwork.com 5 minute fudge wreath. It is so delicious and I put it in a small pan instead of the wreath shape and then cut in squares and gave them to the kids teachers along with peppermint white chocolate cookies and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.




What is your favorite kind of Christmas cookie?  I am still a sucker for the classic sugar cookie with frosting like these featured on www.maplespice.com 


After all the eating and drinking our family gladly welcomes the new year with a January cleanse!  This is our time to reflect on the last year and start the new one with some extra discipline and focus.  Are you a goal setter? Or resolution person?  I like to take time and focus on what I would like to be more intentional about with my kids my husband and me personally.  For some reason it is easier for me to get focused when I am wiping away all the "junk" and cleaning shop so to speak.  

Have you done a cleanse?  Maybe the lemon juice and cayenne pepper to drop 10 pounds quick?  Oh I have done that one to squeeze into a dress more than once! There are so many cleanses on the market these days it is hard to pick which one is the best for your body.  

My husband and I have a great friend Jordan Rubin who wrote several books on health and wellness and spent years creating a supplement line made from organic whole foods.  He created the "Raw Cleanse" which allows you to still eat.  I don't like the idea of starving yourself and only drinking water or juice to clean out your system.  If you want more info on this cleanse check out www.gardenoflife.com and search "raw cleanse".





We will be drinking a lot of smoothies with probiotics and raw Amasai from Jordan's cows!


Yes I said Cows!  He has hundreds of acres of land that he is now "farming" for organic dairy and meat.  If you have any trouble being "regular" drinking the Amasai will solve that instantly! And it is delicious! My kids love it too!




So for the next 30 days my family is going to give up refined sugars and focus on eating whole raw foods as we start the new year at our health prime!  Our kids are doing it too, I think it's important for them to learn discipline too and be able to not expect sugar every single day! 


1 comments:

Welcome to the Laundromat :

I thought of you this New Year's because I'm applying your Cleansing Tips from last year. Happy New Year, Ahndea! Wishing you all the best in 2012!!

Post a Comment