Dream Journals Tuesday, January 24


I wouldn't consider myself a writer of sorts or even someone who is good at writing.  But something I am good at is motivating and encouraging, hopefully my kids and husband the most but then my family and friends... to look at life through a positive lens and go after their dreams and not be afraid to persue what may seem impossible. I am clearly an optimist! 

Before I had children I had lots of dreams, dreams to be a princess in a castle, to be a super star on the Disney channel, and had a slight obsession with babies.  From such a young age I was working in the nursery at church and being a "mothers helper" to any family friends who would let me come over. And then as I got older and realized being an adult was not fantasy but reality and I actually had to figure out what I was going to do with my life, how could I pick just one thing?
So fast forward 20 years and I have been married for 13 years and have 5 children. And you would think that would be enough to keep me busy for the rest of my life, but there is still a little spark in me that wants to dream. To reach for something bigger than myself.  Of course dreams of singing at CMA awards, going to NY Fashion week with Rachel Zoe, or having my own reality show may seem a little far fetched but what happens to all of those gifts and talents God blesses us with after you have children.  It's a little confusing when you like so many different things, like singing and writing music, speaking and leading women in their pursuit to becoming their best, creating art like Heirblooms and DIY projects, styling photography and people, decorating and redecorating my house, and all of this is in addition to the emence love and desire to pour into my children and help them develop into kind loving and giving humans and not to mention keeping the fire alive with my high school sweet heart and best friend Nate.  What about those dreams to travel together and create memories and just have fun! 
So this is the consemet quest... how do we do it all and have it all and do it well?  And is that even possible? 

My heart in this blog is to create room for inspiration and motivation, to encourage and inspire.  To maybe help one person gain the confidence to know... it is possible!  You don't have to loose your self but enhance yourself.  Kind of like a marathon I know but the winner is the one who paces themselves and never gives up.  And I am not good at pacing by the way! I want it now and yesterday.  You?


So here is the challenge! Lets begin a dream journal or a dream jar together... writing our goals and dreams and slowly moving towards them.  Looking inward for guidance on timing and decision making.  Working on not being emotional or reactionary but practical and patient. 


This is an adorable dream jar isn't it?  You can make your own with a mason jar and some pretty flowers.  Then each time a thought or dream or idea comes to you, you simply add it to the jar for safe keeping. 


I will be featuring some of the many wonderful and inspirational friends I am blessed to have that are gifted in areas I am not and can help give us tips on parenting, organizing, cooking, learning, teaching, mentoring, etc.  I am a fan of recognizing those around me who are succeeding and doing it well and open to learning! 

2 comments:

Lisa :

Love this Ahndea! Your dream jar is adorable. Such a fun, but busy and crazy season we are in. I know it will be short and over before we know it

Unknown :

Thanks Lisa! I totally agree... I got your sweet text this morning! I will be posting your delicious meals soon! :)

Post a Comment