Drab Fireplace Tuesday, January 25

As I looked at my fireplace the other day, I realized it really was so dark and gloomy.  In desperate need of a face lift and some color! As I was working on my spring line for HeirBloom, I fell in love with this orange color and the rest is history.



I then pulled an orange color from what I already had going in the house... which if you are anything like me you love to change your decor all the time!  I always get inspired and motivated to do new things and try different styles etc.  I am pretty much ready to move again just so I can start the entire house over, I think eventually when I move into a fabulous cottage home with tons of windows on a wooded lot and a relly cool tree house for the kids, I wil want to stay forever... we'll see. :)




So here is where we started, dingy brown mirror but it's cool and has alot of detail work



Here's the color I picked, I have this kind of bright/muted orange throughout the house already






I really like how it turned out, I thought maybe the orange would blend in too much with the wood grain but it actually plays up nicely.  I wanted you to see the pillows because I have the teal color in the pillows and a throw blanket, so I didn't want to use the teal or blue on the mirror, also my kitchen chairs are painted a really cool vintage aqua


Just by changing this focal point in our house, it feels much more "happy"... have you done any face lifts lately, send me some pictures and I will post them.

1 comments:

Justine :

I love going through my closet...btw, if you're trying on a top with sleeve, lift up your arms! I've found a few shirts I almost bought with HOLES in them!

Just Better Together

Post a Comment