New Year Cleanse Saturday, January 8

Every January after stuffing myself with holiday cookies, Baileys, snacks, cheese and crackers with summer sausage, eggnog french toast, more holiday cookies... you know the soft sugar cookie ones with homemade frosting goodness! Bailys' and coffee, hot spiced wine, the most amazing chocolate toffee almond bark you have ever tasted and seriously I could go on all night.  But the truth is after all that indulging, I start to feel sick, tired and my jeans getting tighter by the second!

So this is what brings us to the January cleanse.  I like to consider myself a healthy person, I exercise at least 4 times a week and eat allot of organics and foundationally avoid processed foods, refined sugars and ANY artificial sweetener's!

Here is how it goes... day one and two is all liquids.  We have a Jack LaLaanne's Power Juicer https://www.powerjuicersale.com/?mid=562809  and it works great.  Minimal clean up and really quick.  An easy juice for the first couple days or even a daily juice is carrot/apple.  Also, kiwi, pineapple, apples, spinach, kale and parsley.  Or even tomato, celery, carrot with some hot sauce and salt and pepper.

Here is my grocery store finds for the next week...

Starting on the far left is a plate of Brown Rice chips and hummas or the Snap Pea Crisps, which after the first week  are a delicious snack.  The gist of the cleanse is to clean out your system of all the toxins by shocking it first with the week of juicing and eating only fruits, veggies and nuts (also known as the Daniel Fast) and then after the first week adding brown rice, legumes, eggs, fish, chicken, and turkey.   


I am a huge fan of www.bolthousefarms.com they make delicious all natural, dairy free smoothies.  If you don't have time to juice these are perfect.  My kids drink these and think their sooo yummy and I am thrilled they are drinking spinach in the "Green Goddess"


Lots of green organic produce.  We put loads of sliced avocado, scallions, tomatoes, and peppers on our salads at night.  My hubbie is the master of making the best homemade dressing.  The key ingredient is the apple cider vinegar. www.bragg.com Braggs organic apple cider vinegar is amazing and is super healthy.  Fergie actually drinks this before every meal as as a hunger suppressant, but I only like it mixed with Olive Oil and a really a good blend of seasonings, like parsley, garlic salt, pepper, or lemon pepper.


Dates are an excellent little treat to have when your craving a sweet! 

As I make up yummy things to eat I will upload pictures and recipes too.  We will stick to this until our jeans fit looser and then after that it will be our eating plan 6 days a week with 1 day were allowed to cheat on the weekend.  You gotta splurge sometimes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment