What To Do With Your Thrift Shop Finds Tuesday, May 21


photo credit Vogue UK

I spotted this picture today and was captivated by the styling.  The overdone accessories, mixed patterns, and the avant grade approach all atop this vintage market backdrop. It reminded me of the many treasures you can find while thrifting. Collections of old unique finds or even not so old but pieces you can incorporate in a fresh way into your life or home. I was gifted some amazing jewels this weekend from a sweet older lady Charlene. A gem she was... intrigued with my children as they danced away at a family wedding and we sat chatting for over an hour about life and past life and the life she currently lives as a 75 year old retired woman with her husband. They have little family left and usually pass time with golf and card games and just enjoying their home garden. I told her about my grandmother and how she left me with a beautiful collection of family heirlooms and how I now use them in my designs. In matter of minutes, she had run home, filled a bag of her heirlooms and brought them back to me. Honestly, the sweetest of gestures. I am so excited to see how Charlene's family heirlooms will be redesigned into future creations that maybe someday you will adorn.

So what to do with your thrift shop finds... I absolutely love the way Apartment Therapy created this Visual Vignette on an empty wall. This is such a unique way to creatively display your finds in your home. The smart steps to planning what you will use or look for, the style and theme and how to display is sure to bring a beautiful visual.





0 comments:

Post a Comment