Urban Loft Wedding Shoot - Style Me Pretty Feature Friday, June 14


I can finally talk about this magical Urban Loft photo shoot with wedding and event planner Lauren Wave  and photographer Mandy Blair . I remember getting the email asking if I would design some accessories to go with an upcoming shoot and of course I was thrilled and said yes yes! The excitement for me is understanding the vision and then creating pieces to help make the vision come to life. I bring along my "bag of tricks" or my accessories and then set up shop styling and accessorizing the models, in this case it was the beautiful Jared and Ciara Cacciatore. Then, I coordinated with hair and make-up stylist Rachel VanGilder to execute the details cohesively, hoping in the end something fantastic occurs. And I think it did... Style Me Pretty agrees!


With each scene we are creating a different moment. Capturing a feeling expressed through photography. I hand painted this leaf hot pink to offset the purple and green flowers and accenting the beautiful bouquet carried by the bride. The first scene... "The Meeting" the groom anxiously awaiting his bride. 



I designed a hot pink tool bow to create a bit of something fun but not too much to distract from what Mandy wanted to capture... as you can see! Next, they adorably flirt as they stand on this beautiful runner and capture their "I do's." I designed the ankle feathers to add a special detail to her neutral shoe and dip dyed tool skirt.


Next the fun begins... moving to "The Reception"... where Lauren truly nailed the romantic yet vibrant style with her set design. I added a large flower with glitter dipped feathers adorning the petals, creating a lighter whimsy feel. The tie he is wearing is a part of the HeirBloom vintage collection .


After the reception... the hair came down, we moved outdoors, using Mandy's spectacular sequence backdrop and the scene changed again, "The After Party!" For this, I added a black and white check bow tie to the groom, some suspenders and gave his jacket to his new bride!


And what wedding day is complete without an amazing cake, which was custom designed by The Sweetery and adorned with a handmade HeirBloom flower.  The small details is what makes this not so ordinary cake table a stand out, like the adorable arrow print by Lindsay Letters  and cranberry dresser.



0 comments:

Post a Comment