Maternity Style Guide Wednesday, June 26

Maternity Style Guide


Being a stylist allows me to work with such a wide variety of people and I have to say moms are at the top of my list! So much has changed in maternity fashion from when I started having babies 11 years ago. I still have a horrid photo of me 20 weeks pregnant with floral cropped pants and a white oversized blouse that was so unflattering!!!! Thankfully with moms like Heidi Klum we have jumped leaps and bounds and are now trend setting while pregnant!  Check out this fab video with Heidi talking all about maternity fashion!





















Photography is another forever way to capture the beauty of pregnancy. Gone are the days of stuffy posed portraits, we are now focusing on more lifestyle imaging. Capturing beautiful silhouettes in a romantic and whimsy feel turns out simply stunning. I absolutely love designing statement accessories to enhance and accentuate beautiful bumps.  Being commissioned to creatively direct the overall feel and look of the shoot from posing to concept, wardrobe styling and a custom accessory is what creates a one of a kind experience. In a recent maternity shoot with Paige, I chose this black maxi dress, which picked up the lighting so beautifully. We also used a light blue fabric to wrap her into a grecian inspired dress. I then designed the flower crown below using lavender and taupe flowers with dipped gold accents. I have seen a test shot and it is seriously amazing! Can't wait to show you all of them.

photo credit: Jeff Anderson Photography
styling: Ahndea May




0 comments:

Post a Comment