Style Makeover - Before & After Monday, July 22




This is Kim, a wife, mother of 2 boys and photographer. She is talented, hard working, successful and her style.... well you can see. Casual, neutral, ok lets face it BORING! When I discovered she was still wearing maternity clothes for comfort, I knew she needed my help! We started with consulting. Asking questions about who she is, her likes and dislikes, how she wants to be perceived. I got a pretty good idea after a few minutes in her closet, that Kim had not been focusing much attention on herself. This is pretty typical of moms, as we are so busy worrying and carrying for our littles that our "self care" tends to land at the bottom. I created a little presentation for you "experience" a bit of what I do. So many of you have followed along and supported my business and now I am happy to share some results. Click on the presentation, make a full screen on the bottom right and click the arrows as you read along. When hiring me as your personal stylist this some of what you will experience. Use the arrows to go back and forth through the prezi.



 Now that you understand the process, it's time to reveal some of Kim's after photos. Her style class is neutral prep. She looks great in greens, mauve, mustard, black, navy, blue and even fuchsia. She likes her classics, but isn't afraid to push the envelope with a little direction. The most important lesson when styling is to understand how to piece things together. Clothes don't have to be expensive, you can style smart and get the same looks for a whole lot less. As an accessory designer, I love to incorporate my designs into the styling experience. In Kim's case, she likes minimal but whimsy.  I made her a vintage gold leaf chain necklace to coordinate with many of her looks. Here is a sampling of Kim's new wardrobe! I was able to give her over 25 new outfit combinations on a budget and shopping right here in Rockford. Teaching you how to shop smart means finding pieces that are accessible and then splurging on the fun stuff a few times each season.



Remember the before picture with the gray maternity skirt and gray top. Kim loves that casual feel and so I helped her find something a bit more pulled together like this mauve skirt from H&M, oatmeal tank, chambray top and some really cute booties, giving her a complete look. I am not pushing my style or the current style trends, instead I am helping you uncover your style and then kicking it up a notch. I hope you have enjoyed seeing some real results with Kim's makeover. Here's what she had to say about it.


"Over the past month Ahndea May has been working with me, cleaning out my closet and shopping with me - basically a closet overhaul! This week she came over and I modeled a bunch of different outfits she created using the pieces we bought. It was so much fun! I have never worked with a stylist before, but now I feel like I am helpless without one." ~Kim Neyer 

Email me at ahndemay@gmail.com for inquiries or make sure to stay connected on my Facebook for regular style inspirations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment