Blogher Chicago Style Monday, July 22

How to dress for Blogher Chicago

For many of you this is an exciting week! blogher is coming to Chicago and with that comes lots of parties, events, fashion shows, cocktail hours and many ways to network with other fantastic bloggers and major brands. This year, I will not be attending the actual conference but instead tried to get really specific about what events would make sense with my business. Being a mom of 5, time is valuable and limited. I have 3 events this week and honestly I am a bit nervous. Packing and styling your looks for can be pretty stressful and expensive. Finding just the right outfits, shoes, accessories can sometimes become more anxiety than the reward. My thought... don't stress, be prepared, find what works in your closet, and make smart choices. I created this style board to help you make balanced choices, fit everything in a carry on and still look fantastic! 

A few guidelines: 

1. Day to Night 

Pick something versitle that can easily transition from day to night with a quick shoe and accessory change. I have had my eye on this Loft jumpsuit for awhile now. I waited patiently for it to go on sale and it happened this weekend! 60% off! I will wear it more casual during the day and then add some killer heels and a feather necklace I designed for evening. 

2.  Cocktail 

Fit is key here. Choose a dress that flatters your shape and reflects your style. It may be an aline, bold print, fitted sheath, asymmetric etc. This will be your "fancy" look. Here are some options 

3. Daytime Chic

Think of what you would wear to a brunch or daytime date. I like a neutral color pallet, blush, cream, mint etc. I love these looks. 

4. Trend 

Have fun! Pick something trendy and playful. Let your personality come through a bit. You want to represent yourself as you and not anyone else. 

5. Layering Piece 

Be smart... choose a layering piece that can go with most of your looks. This gives you versatility to add structure or make a look instantly pulled together, or you may just get cold. 

Happy Styling! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment