Throw That Tantrum Girl! Tuesday, February 21

projectgadabout


There are just days when I would love to throw myself on the floor kicking and screaming... and to be honest, I have!  When my son, Anden was around 2, he was really good at creating huge scene, I mean the more dramatic the better.  So one day, I really just could not think of what to do with him so i decided to show him what it would look like if mommy threw a temper tantrum.  There I was in all my glory, rolling around, whining and crying like a maniac. To my surprise, Anden had stopped throwing his fit and was completely fixated on me!  I then quickly turned it into a "teaching moment" and said.  "Doesn't mommy look silly throwing a fit?  You can't hear what I'm trying to say with all that yelling and crying ugh?  He began to laugh and actually understood me.  Needless to say we have had many tantrums since then, but I now have the freedom to throw myself around if necessary! And truthfully, it felt really good!  Good in a sense of releasing energy and anger and all the pent up emotions inside.  Since I am a 33 year old grown woman, it is probably not a good practice to do regularly, so I guess that means I need another "outlet."

I am one of those who loves to exercise. Killing myself at the gym has helped me overcome many stresses in my life along the way.  Since the twins, this is the longest stint I have ever gone without hitting the gym! I am beginning to have a bipolar relationship with this situation.  One minute I love just doing some dvd's at home and embracing the 20 pounds I still need to loose.  The next minute I am feeling frustrated that I can't control it and kick it into high gear.  One minute, I love nursing the girls and overlooking the layer of fat i have over my entire body as i am producing over 50 oz of milk per day! And the next minute, I am crying and shoving chocolate in my mouth surrendering my body over for the next 6 months!

In all reality, it is ridiculous to even be concerned about such a short season of my life where I am giving what is "best" for the babes, but I have to admit my shortcomings and confess I would love to throw tantrums every now and again too! Not to mention I think I am still on a hormone overload, which his not helping here!

What do you do to release your stress?  Any good advice or tips for "healthy stress relievers?"  Ok, lets avoid the elephant in the room, if your married SEX, yes I said SEX, is definitely a great option. But when you have 5 children around indefinitely that is not the easiest one to accomplish on demand!  I love to DANCE DANCE DANCE until my legs are like jell-o! Some like to journal or read, listen to teachers or inspiring music. I would also love to become more disciplined with reading positive and influential books and focusing on a little food for the soul.

I will be sharing some ways to "Refresh" your mind as I am blessed to have some wonderful people in my world who have written books, are leaders in their churches or communities, or are just wise and can offer some "What I've Learned" advice.

So although we cannot "literally" throw tantrums, unless we are in our closet, we certainly should find a "healthy outlet" to relieve our stresses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment