Spring Table Scape & Brunch Wednesday, April 3



Hello pretty table, why yes I would like to sit and enjoy brunch with youThere is something very calming about an inviting table scape. The way the flowers drape, the colors of the vases and little details which simply create a perfect backdrop for family, friends, and conversation.  A place to connect, catch up, unwind, and learn. Yes learn, more about the people you live life with.  Breaking bread has been a ritual held in high regard for thousands of years, a way of fellowship and community. Thinking about our life with 5 kids and all the busyness that brings I wanted to begin our own weekly gathering. An intentional time to enjoy our favorite meals which for us, happens to be brunch.  I truly enjoy creating new recipes and have a slight addiction to savory and sweet combos, hence brunch. On one hand I love smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers, red onion and cream cheese on an everything bagel and on the other I love brown sugar glazed french toast with creme fresh and berries. One of my dreams is to open an adorable farmhouse hosting small intimate gatherings with themes, and beautiful tables and fabulous menus. So until then, we will brunch. 


This weeks menu was inspired from Easter. Herb roasted chicken thighs that I seared in a pan with olive oil and then slow cooked for 4 hours. Hands down the most delicious brown sugar mustard carrot and onion dish which made a fabulous gravy for the dill smashed potatoes and warm italian bread. The sweet came with a carrot cake that I made with banana and mango. by adding the fruit, it made the cake as dense as a bread pudding and then I topped it with a cream cheese mango frosting. I have to say, mom got lots of compliments and it felt great to make a special meal for my special family. It may only happen once a week but it is a tradition and memory that will carry on. 


At the end of the night after the kids were down and the kitchen cleaned (well partially), I sat down and enjoyed a piece of my yummy cake and gave a few minutes of my day to being thankful to the Lord for family and values and priorities and perspective. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment