Oscar Style Picks 2013 Monday, February 25

Oscar Style Picks 2013

I have to say, this year I enjoyed watching the Oscars in my cozy bed with a bowl of mint chip ice cream. No party, no tweeting my fav's throughout, no instagram photos, just me in my bed with my ice cream.  I was in awe of the beautiful gowns this year, the minimalistic choices but full of detail and glamour. The designers were on to something with the lovely shades of grey, metallics, white and creams. My favorite looks all had consistency in their overall styling. Neutral makeup, subtle and perfect, soft hair, either pulled back or away from the face, and the overall winner this year was the neckline. Such stunning bare necks! The most beautiful part of a woman's body in my opinion.  The key to genius styling was allowing the gown and the face to be the focal. Not over jeweled or over done, but a gorgeous gown with a gorgeous woman and the rest is simply to enhance. 

Overall one of the best runway shows yet!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment