Don't Have The Space For It - Faux It Wednesday, December 12

With cooler weather comes more stuff, more coats, snow boots, hats, gloves, scarves, special bags to carry all of that to school, back packs, folders, papers, ok you get it right?  I have become more and more aware of the consistent clutter in our entry way and kitchen, literally tripping over things as I try to get in the house!  I have had it... and I fixed it! In our home we do not have a designated space for a mudroom with shelves and hooks and clean organized lines, like this beautiful mud room above,  so instead I am "faking" it by creating a faux mudroom in my kitchen. I moved my decorative hutch into the family room and brought my shelf unit in from the garage and there you have it.  Each of my kids has a labeled basket with their gloves and hats, and a hook for their coat and backpack.  I then got the Target Itso cubes to keep the kids homework organized. This is another huge problem... paper overload! A cute basket for their boots and a clock to keep time and we are done! Here is how it turned out. 

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment