Passion With A Voice Thursday, September 20


Do you have a voice?  In this culture we no longer have to march through town on our soap boxes and rally the community to speak our minds and create change. The brilliant world of "social media" has allowed us to speak freely, create a following, and be inspired by others in the process. With a plethora of bloggers who now have one place to store their passions, convictions, talents, expressions, rights, demands, losses, grievances, and inspirations we are left with an overload of choices and can almost become lost in the masses.  How do you gain the respect and attention from your peers without a megaphone on wheels? How can you possibly stand out in a world of such talent and creativity?  

My venture began as a mom trying to find my place in this new season of life. Less about me and more about my family.  All the while not loosing me but maybe working smarter or differently. As a stylist, I follow so many fantastic blogs with the best designs and clout and so I began to feel inadequate.  Do I need training for this, is their a science to being a successful blogger?  Do I need to be on the "inner" circle and somehow become friends with the Oh Joy's of the world (Huge Fan!).  Truth be told, I haven't figured all of this out yet... just taking steps forward, networking, collaborating, posting but feeling a bit like I'm missing the road map, ya know?  It's become clear I can only get so far on my own navigation and am in much need of some leaders who have already cracked the code! 

Altitude Summit
So where to go? How do we find these seasoned leaders... and how do we weed through the masses of internet spam with the next 10 step program or kit that costs a fortune! Well, luckily for me I have a good friend Trina author of LaLa Lovely, who is the "proof" in the pudding for skill, smarts, creativity + eduction = major legit! I have lived vicariously through Trina as she packed, traveled, got coffee, met really cool people, got dressed up, oh and learned some really invaluable tools that have helped grow her following.  In a brief interview this morning, Trina said "the biggest takeaway from attending Alt was the education and tools and overall knowhow of management + all of the amazing relationships and friendships I have made and kept." 

"For blogging inspiration and business advice check out the new Alt blog"








Picture credit
dpreview



0 comments:

Post a Comment