The Little Black Dress Project Monday, June 4


As most of you know I have five littles and most recently twin girls Adie and Arlie who are almost 8 months old! The above picture is of me on my honeymoon, over 13 years ago now.  I was 20 and in prime shape! It was a slight adjustment having 3 children in 4 years starting at 23. Most of my life I have been an athlete (well my hubby would say dance, gymnastics and cheerleading don't count), but I would have to disagree!  I also did track and lots of Jane Fonda work out tapes with my mom growing up!  I love being in shape!  As a young girl I struggled with insecurity and becoming comfortable with my body.  It is so easy to compare ourselves to others and until I really got educated on the many different body shapes women have, I just felt bulky and muscular.  It is so helpful to know what your God given body shape is so you can learn the tricks to dressing smart and which areas will make the most impact with your workouts.



April Marin  wrote up a really great style guide by body shape

Round Body types have generous bust, wider rib cage, narrow hips, and slender legs.  This body type should wear tops that are v neck, and avoid tops that are fitted
Invented Triangle body shapes have broad shoulders, medium bust, narrow hips, and shapely long legs.  Pants that have flare are best for this figure. 
Hourglass body has a bust, defined waist, curved hips, and shapely legs.  A great trend is to wear wraps that accentuate your waist.  
Pear shape bodies have narrow shoulders, small bust, as well as a shapely waist and generous lower hips.  Pants that are the best are flowing fabrics that accentuate your hips and tailored shirts
Diamond shape body is when you have narrow shoulders, a small bust, and generous thighs.  What you should avoid is any pants that have detail on the bottom.  What looks great on this figure are tops that are fitted but a little flare to go over your hips.
Straight body types is when you upper and lower torso is equal.  Shirts that have a neckline below your collarbone to elongate your torso and straight skirts.  Avoid belts or pleats since they will accentuate your hips and make them look thick.

And so here I am a few days before delivering the twins... 

And here is where the Fit Mom's For Life Little Black Dress Project comes in.  I have just stopped nursing the babes and was looking for a "plan" to get into tip top shape for summer.  Dustin Maher, who has been featured just about everywhere developed this program along with Ripped In 42 to get you in the best shape of your life... in 42 days!  And whats even better is at the end of the 42 days we get to have a party and show off our incredible results! So for me and my good friend Theresa we are a week into this plan and loving it... but not loving it!  I have my little black dress picture on my fridge as motivation for me through these 7 day a week work outs and protein/produce diet! 

At the end of the plan I will post my new Little Black Dress body as a 33 year old mother of 5 in her prime!  

UPDATE... Here is my picture right before having the twins and my "After" the Ripped in 42 Program.  I am not back to my honeymoon weight but on my way.  It feels fantastic to be in shape and have tons of energy to chase my babes around! You can see my "story" on Fit Mom's For Life 

 



                                                                                             


0 comments:

Post a Comment