Front Door Styling Monday, June 11



What does your front door say about you?  Do you have a summer wreath with flowers or a beautifully painted colored door, or is it plain with lots of potted plants?  I have styled my front porch this way and have been looking for something to add to my plain tan door.  I found some great inspiration on Pinterest and decided on a Moss letter.  I love a little DIY project, so off to the craft store.  Michaels is having a 50% off craft sale right now.  Michaels Craft Coupons

Here is what you will need:


A wooden letter (I prefer wood over foam because of the hot glue)
Medium bag of green moss
Hot glue gun
Scissors
Ribbon

Start with your letter on a bag, for easy clean up.  Then begin placing moss down to get a visual of how the pieces will fit. Then start gluing down in small sections and spreading with your fingers.  This will give you an even look.





Next, pick a ribbon that suits your style and hot cut a long enough piece to tie a bow.



And there you have it!  A very pretty moss letter! I used a clear hanger for my door.










1 comments:

The Ullrichs :

Loved the idea, made a "T" for my mother-in-laws birthday. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment