Easter Rewind + Family Update + Spring Break Wednesday, April 11

For those who have reached out wondering why I haven't been posting! Thank you so much for caring and  truthfully it was really nice to know you enjoy reading! Well, I am still recovering from a week of spring break and Easter plus Nate and I are in a "transitional" time right now, not sure what the next steps are and really praying God will lead us.  It's been a bit scary and overwhelming but we have to lean on what we KNOW which is that he has never failed us and has always come through in just the nick of time.  Not gunna lie, it has been really uncomfortable at times and maybe a bit unclear but we are hanging in and trusting! Oh and I am loving being mommy to my sweet twins. It is an adventure for sure! They are eating more solids and sleeping less so it is not allowing for much "extra" time.  But you all get that, right?

Also, I am beyond excited for HeirBlooms retail launch coming up April 21st at Village Green One of my fav places in town and the coolest home and garden store featuring lots of whimsy and eclectic goodies as well as local artists and amazing flowers, furniture, and anything you could dream up for your patio!  So I am super busy making a 25 piece collection at night and all the little spare moments here and there.  If your free Sat April 21st pop over anytime between 10 and 3 to visit me! This is my current work space, which is just hilarious, because I have every intention of making it really organized I just cannot make it happen before next week, so pretty much things are spread out around the house!


The past week went by so fast and this year I just decided we were NOT dying eggs!  Don't get me wrong I love doing it but this year, I just wanted to focus on the true meaning of Easter, as for our family the older kids are now able to understand the "Salvation Story" and the impact of the love and the cross and the freedom we have in that truth.  Not trying to get all spiritual but what is so unique about each family is that you will know when to make calls like this and create "teaching moments" as well as help them understand a little that life is not all about them and getting things.  There is just something about reverence and respect that I really want to instill in our home.  So with that said, we did not do eggs, baskets or even cookies ~ the bunny cakes were purchased at the store! Now before you get too worried that our kids had no fun, their weekend was still full of family, friends, fishing, and of course Easter baskets from grandpa and brother in law an Easter egg hunt with cousins and more candy than they could possibly eat!  

Our spring break also had lots of pancakes... my favorite right now are sweet potato pancakes with cinnamon brown sugar butter and candied pecans! HELLO! I threw in several pics from the weekend too! 






Smiling Green Mom  Here are some really fun DIY ideas for spring with your kiddos!  Mine love crafts. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment