Photo Styling from your own closet! Tuesday, May 8

Busy Busy Busy... will that ever change?  NO!  Not when your a mom of 5 and have an annoying amount of drive and ambition.  I overheard my hubby saying to someone when asked if I was overwhelmed with the twins "no not Ahndea, she is still trying to take over the world"... not really, but when my mind gets going there is no holding me back sometimes.  I have had to find some balance somewhere, so I have been using my "blogging" time to work out because I can now take the twins to the gym, and seeing as how they are 7 months old, I should probably choose to put down the sweets and get back to my normal healthy lifestyle! Right?

One of the things I love to do is "style makeovers" right from your very own closet.  We all  have tons of clothes lining our closets and floors, most of which we don't wear or know how to create a "look" with.  One of my clients Erin Groves is putting a portfolio together with modeling agency Papadakis Photography.  If you have ever done this it is ALOT of work!  Your trying to capture the attention of every retail store in the fashion industry as a potential client. This is where I come in...


I think she had every article of clothing that she owned on her bed!  We spent the next 2 hours trying on and writing down her look book for Fridays shoot.  Here are a few pics of what I put together for her. Keep in mind we were in her bedroom and my minis were on the floor playing!




 
 

One of the things I began doing while styling photography was making my own accessories.  I had such a hard time finding "that piece" I was looking for to add the finishing touch.  I eventually created Heirbloom to sell my creations as well as the many vintage pieces of jewelry I inherited. 



I designed this piece for a bridal event and Erin is going to use it for part of the shoot.  There is a large market for models in the Wedding world especially now that J Crew and bhldn have a line. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment